The Obsidium Licensing SDK is a portable cross-platform software licensing library that can serve as a solid foundation to implement various licensing schemes for Windows, MacOS and Linux applications.
It is separate product that is completey independent from the Obsidium Software Protection System and is ideal in cases full binary protection is not possible or desired, or when distributing applications for several platforms.
- Cryptographically secure license keys that cannot be forged
- Securely store arbitrary data (e.g. hardware IDs, expiration dates, enabled features) in license keys
- Clean and simple C interface
- Static libraries for all supported target platforms, x86 and x64
- License verification library without external dependencies
- Different license key formats, textual and binary, variable key lengths, optimized for easy manual entry by end-users
- Optional hardware-locking library2
- Very small memory footprint
- Full documentation and implementation examples
- Compatible with Obsidium's internal licensing system (short keys), if required
The optional hardware-locking library allows you to generate unique hardware fingerprints to support node-locked licensing models. Currently supported hardware components include CPU, HDD and BIOS/Mainboard.
The SDK is licensed per platform (Windows, MacOS, Linux) and CPU architecture (32-bit, 64-bit). Each combination of platform and CPU constitutes a target in the table below.
|Single Target||Personal||€691||License type suitable for individual, independent developers only. If you work for or represent a company, you need to purchase a company license.|
|Hardware Locking (per target)||Personal||€291|
|Single Target||Company||€1491||License type suitable for companies or teams of two or more developers.|
|Hardware Locking (per target)||Company||€491|
The SDK may be used in an unlimited number of applications without any additional fees or royalties.